Switching Menu Bars

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 30 06:43:01 EST 2002

--- Graham Samuel <livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Looking at the documentation about menus, I don't
> see (could have
> missed it) a recommendation/ technique for switching
> menu bars in a
> single stack, i.e. replacing one menu bar with
> another (after some
> change of state in the app - this can be more
> convenient than
> fiddling with individual buttons and items when a
> lot of stuff
> changes simultaneously). My only guesses are:
>
> 1. That I should change the menuMode property of
> each button in the
> old menu and in the new one; or
>
> 2. I should do something (what?) with the properties
> of the two
> groups representing the two menu bars, so as to
> effect a swap between
> them.
>
> I'd be grateful for any guidance.
>
> Compliments of the season to all - I'm glad this is
> such an active list!
>
> Graham

Hi Graham,

It is possible to switch between menubars as a whole.
Define two menubars "menubar1" and "menubar2" using
the menu manager, and then switch:
- Under Windows/Unix:
  hide group "menubar1"
  show group "menubar2"
- Under MacOS:
  set the menubar of stack "foobar" to "menubar2"

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====