Another naive menu question

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Dec 30 05:32:01 EST 2002

This question is about pulldown menus, not popups, etc.

In the menu docs (Revo 1.1.1), there's an item called "Creating a
stack menu". The implication is/may be that there's a kind of menu
which isn't a stack menu - a menu for the whole app, perhaps. AFAIKS,
there are only stacks in Revo (no concept of an overarching project
as in SuperCard). Given this, what do developers feel is the norm for
the place of a menu bar in a stack file? I mean the group which will
be the main bar for a conventional-looking application: in a stack of
its own, in the mainstack, in a stack which is always open, or what?
This is perhaps a style question rather than a technical one, but I'd
like to know what people feel is good style in this respect.

TIA

Graham