setting pointer location

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sun Dec 29 11:53:01 EST 2002

>>Why "modeless" instead of modal dialogs?

Alan, David, et al:

My initial thought was to use modal dialogs, as one goal is to
prevent the user from visiting other portions of the app until the
input process is completed.

OTOH, a modeless dialog would allow the user to, for example,
copy/paste text/numbers from a word processor/calculator app into the
field, no?

If I were designing a generalized approach, I would be inclined to
make the mode selectable at runtime.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company