setting pointer location

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Fri Dec 27 15:59:01 EST 2002

On Saturday, Dec 28, 2002, at 04:40 Australia/Sydney, Alan Gayne wrote:

> On Friday, December 27, 2002, at 10:54 AM, Rob Cozens wrote:
>
>> In HyperCard and Revolution, I control cursor positioning by locking
>> all fields initially and unlocking & tabbing to individual fields.

snip

> I have no idea if this approach is offensive to the "HIG police" but
> it really works for me and my end users take to it with great ease.

Gentlemen, there is a difference between tabbing to the next
appropriate field, when the user's fingers are on the keyboard and
wanting to get to the next place, and repositioning the cursor when
they otherwise expect it to be under their mouse control. The former
action obviously works well while the latter I personally abjure when
writing and object to when using.

regards
David