ping command in Revolution?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Dec 24 12:41:00 EST 2002

On Tuesday, December 24, 2002, at 09:29 AM, RGould8 at aol.com wrote:

> Is there a "ping"-type command in Revolution?  I'm not finding it in
> the Revolution dictionary, but I realize it might be called something
> else.  As an example of what I need to do, I need to do a "ping" to
> www.aol.com to make sure the connection is there.

You can use the shell command (or the shell workaround for Revolution
1.1.1 on OS X).  The command line syntax and the response is not quite
the same for the different platforms.

However, in your case, it may be sufficient to try to open an http tcp
link.

(The shell workaround is at Ken Ray's site:
<http://www.sonsothunder.com>.  I don't know if it has the quoted
parameter update, but I don't think you need that.)

Dar Scott