What is this programming style called?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Dec 24 12:33:01 EST 2002

On Monday, December 23, 2002, at 03:17 PM, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:

> At 1:20 PM -0800 12/23/02, Dar Scott wrote:
>> I'm looking for a name for that Revolution programming style that
>> involves using "send...in ..." and/or callbacks, such as the socket
>> callbacks.
> I've sometimes referred to the technique as "delayed sends".

Thanks Jan, Jeanee and Alex!

I think there are ideas in all that I can use.  I can use "messaging", 
"advanced task scheduling" and "delayed sends".

One of the problems is that simply calling handlers also uses the word 

Dar Scott

More information about the Use-livecode mailing list