Merry Christmas!

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Mon Dec 23 19:08:01 EST 2002

I know, we should not quote so much and I usually dont do it, but in
this case its imho worth for everyone to read it again. Sorry if you
dont think so...

> On Montag, Dezember 23, 2002, at 07:40  Uhr, Rob Cozens wrote:
> May I take this occasion to share with an article from Buddhist News
> that I printed and included with my Christmas cards a few years ago:
>
> "			The Practice of Compassion
>
> 			His Holiness The Dalai Lama
>
> This is from someone who recently returned from India.  Her group met
> with the Dalai Lama for several days.  The meetings focused on
> dialoguing what they believed were the five most important questions
> to be considered moving into the new millennium.
>
> The group were asked to come up with five questions before meeting
> with the Dalai Lama.  They asked:
>
> * How do we address the widening gap between rich and poor?
> * How do we protect the earth?
> * How do we educate our children?
> * How do we help Tibet and other oppressed countries/people?
> * How do we bring spirituality -- deep caring for each other --
> through all disciplines?
>
> The Dalai Lama said all the questions fell under the last one.  If we
> have true compassion, our children will be educated, we will care for
> the earth, and for those who "have not."  He asked the group: Do you
> think loving on the planet is increasing or staying the same?
>
> His own response was, "My experience leads me to believe that love IS
> increasing."
>
> He shared a practice with the group that will increase loving and
> compassion in the world, and asked everyone attending to go home and
> share it with as many people as possible.
>
> The Practice:
>
> 1.  Spend 5 minutes at the beginning of each day remembering we all
> want the same thing (to be happy and loved) and we are all connected.
>
> 2.  Spend 5 minutes cherishing yourself and others.  Let go of
> judgements.  Breath in cherishing yourself, and breathe out cherishing
> others.  If the faces of people you are having difficulty with appear,
> cherish them as well.
>
> 3.  During the day extend that attitude to everyone you meet -- we are
> all the same, and I cherish myself and you.
>
> 4.  Stay in the practice, no matter what happens."
>
> God bless us, every one.

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©

INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com, wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418, Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539