Hide Groups not working

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Mon Dec 23 02:49:12 EST 2002

At 12:41 PM -0800 12/21/02, Howard Bornstein wrote:
>I've got a bunch of links in my stack and I want to turn off the
>underlining. For some reason, Hide Groups doesn't seem to work in this
>stack. I've built a simple test stack and Hide Groups performs as
>advertised (underlining of links disappears) but in my current stack, it
>seems to have no effect. Anybody have any ideas?

The underlineLinks is (as of 1.1, I think) both a stack property and a
global property. Hide Groups turns off the global property, but if the
stack property is set, it takes precedence. So try

  set the underlineLinks of stack "Test" to false

and see whether that gets rid of the underlines.

>Also, the TD states: "The hide groups command sets the showLinks property
>to false."
>
>What object does the showlinks property belong to?

The "techwriter hallucinations" object. ;-)

This was a typo/braino on my part, and should refer to the "underlineLinks"
property, which is the correct name. (It's fixed in the latest alpha.)

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/