Stack file organisation

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Wed Dec 18 10:41:01 EST 2002

> is there any possibility that my stacks can become corrupted? This is
> a major HyperCard failing, but may be solely due to HC's constant
> saving. Has anyone had a corrupt stack in Rev? I presume setting the
> cantModify would prevent anything like this.

Sarah,

I have been wondering about this corruption thing myself. On 3 occasions,
my stacks have become corrupted during normal use; twice on a Mac and once
on a PC. Lucky for me, the Rev team has built a catch for this, and the app
automatically generates a backup file which is named with the extension
.rev~. All I had to do was delete the corrupt file, then delete the "~"
from the backup file and everything worked normal again. My stacks DO save
during normal operation. Maybe the RunRev team can provide some info on
what actions cause stack corruption and how to prevent it.

Roger Eller
roger.e.eller at sealedair.com