Offset mouseLoc?

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Dec 16 23:32:01 EST 2002

I have encountered this problem many times and like you, I initially
decided that it was due to having a Mac menubar, but subsequent tests
showed this was not always the case. This problem appears in Rev
palettes also - I find it almost always impossible to reduce the size
of an object using the little arrow buttons in the properties palettes.
No matter where I click, the value increases.

To get around this in my own stacks, when I use little arrows (taken
from the object library), I change the scripts as follows:

on mousedown
   if the mouseV < the top of me then put the mouseV + 26 into mV
   else put the mouseV into mV
end mouseDown

I found 26 pixels to be the best fix and as I was ignoring the
horizontal mouse location, I hadn't noticed that it is also displaced.

Hopefully, this quirk is another problem solved in version 2 (only 1
more sleep until beta day...)

Cheers,
Sarah