Display progress

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Sun Dec 15 17:23:01 EST 2002

One thing to keep in mind is that constant progress updating can slow
down your processing. If you use a progress bar or the busy cursor,
don't update every time through your loop, but limit it to ever 10th,
100th or whatever makes sense.

As an alternative suggestion, can you do this processing as the
application starts up? People are quite accustomed to being kept
waiting at the splash screen especially if you have a text message and
busy cursor showing that something is really happening. Then once the
program starts, you can go directly to the card without delay.

Cheers,
Sarah