Avoiding mouse polls

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Sat Dec 14 14:16:01 EST 2002

Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 00:42:33 -0700
Subject: Re: Avoiding mouse polls
From: Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com>

> The card is effectively a big button.  If no mouseDown (or whatever
> works best) handler is defined in any of your objects then I expect a
> mouseDown message will get to the card.
----------
This might have the key in it somewhere. Use a mouseUp to the card (or
stack) to set a handler in motion, and a mouseDown to query the state of the
objects. I'll try it.

The problem is that the each mouse action will have to temporarily kill the
action of the other unless it carries the proper value to it, because there
will be a mouseUp for every mouseDown. Otherwise, it will do something we
don't want.

Even If I reverse the procedure

Also, there must be a mouseStillDown to scroll some fields. It must ignore
the mouseDown, but that can be easily done.

Still trying.

Thanks to everyone for their ideas. I'm on it.

Happy Holidays,
Ken N.