Avoiding mouse polls

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Sat Dec 14 13:02:01 EST 2002

Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 19:54:14 -0800
Subject: Re: Avoiding mouse polls
From: Scott Rossi <scott at tactilemedia.com

>> I can't see any way of doing this without polling for the click.
>
> Don't poll for the click, poll for a single global variable (I prefer user
> properties myself) whose state is changed by clicking any of the objects.
Aha! Yep, this is what I was looking for. This can form the bedrock of all
the operations. I love core stuff. But the only object will be probably be
the the stack. My intentions are to keep the cursor offscreen, because the
users do not have the ability to coordinate motion input devices, so the
'hilited' screen objects take its place.

Thanks,
Ken N.