Geometry Manager Problems

Igor de Oliveira Couto info at pixelmedia.com.au
Wed Dec 11 17:24:01 EST 2002

Has anyone else noticed quirky behaviour with the Geometry Manager?

I have a stack with several objects, which - according to the Geometry
Manager - are supposed to resize when the card/stack resizes. I've made
sure that I've got these objects to resize to a SPECIFIC distance to
the stack border, NOT a percentage. Two problems:

1) Some objects simply do not resize. I have a horizontal line, for
instance, which is part of a group in card 'A'. There are 2 other
horizontal lines in the same group. All 3 lines are supposed to scale
to  2 pixels from the right border of the card, whenever the card
resizes. 2 lines do it, one doesn't. I've tried checking all properties
of the 3 lines, to see if there is any difference between them,
but...zilch...

2) My objects that are set to resize automatically are in card 'A'. If
I resize the stack while in card 'A', they (mostly) resize. If I go to
card 'B', and THEN resize the stack, then come back to card 'A', NONE
of them have resized...

What gives? Should I abandon the Geometry Manager and hard-code the
resizing? Am I missing out on something obvious and doing something
silly?

Any help appreciated!

Cheers,
--