Keeping the hilitedLine of a scrolling list field

Igor de Oliveira Couto info at pixelmedia.com.au
Wed Dec 11 17:10:11 EST 2002

Dear Rev Friends,

I need to keep the hilitedLine of a certain scrolling list field of a
card, so that if the user leaves the card while an item in the list is
selected, then comes back to the same card later, the same item is
still selected in the list. I also need to save the hilitedLine from
session to session, so that next time the user opens the stack that
line will still be selected.

I tried saving the hilitedLine into a custom property, whenever it is
changed (selectionChanged, arrowKey, mouseRelease). That part is
working fine - it does, indeed, know which line is SUPPOSED to be
hilited. However, the problem for me has been to try and get the
*&^%^*#@#$ line to hilite when the user re-enters the card! I've tried
putting commands to set the hilitedLine on openCard and on preOpenCard,
but it just does not work...

Interesting side note: if the user moves from card to card by using the
arrow keys on the keyboard, Revolution AUTOMATICALLY 'saves' the
hilitedLine. If the user uses a background button group (which is what
I am doing) then it does not...

All help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
--
Igor
igor at pixelmedia.com.au