Passing selectedField Location between Stacks

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Dec 10 15:13:01 EST 2002

Bernard Devlin <revolution at knowledgeworks.plus.com> wrote:
> I think the issue is actually to do with moving from stack to stack:  the
> selectedChunk only refers to the character numbers in a (numbered) field.  There
> is no reference to a stack.  So it seems logical to me that if  one is to click
> on another stack, that the selectedChunk cannot know about the stack that the
> character numbers and field refer to.

This is untested, but have you tried setting the defaultstack to the one
with the selection? For example, if you have a stack "main" with a field
containing the insertion point, and another stack "floater" that's a
palette, in the script in the "floater" stack try:

  set the defaultstack to "main"
  get the selectedchunk

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com