VS: Mac RunRev can't open Win .rev file...

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Dec 9 21:13:00 EST 2002

> I believe Richard or Sarah has published an AppleScript script to set
> the file type & creator (which is all that was needed here the couple
> of times I've encountered a stack from Windows).
Yes, I published a droplet on the USer Contributions section of the Rev
web site which allows you to set the file type & creator of a single
file or a folder of files.

> You might try double-clicking on the stack and telling Mac OS to use
> Rev to open it, or starting Rev and opening the stack from the message
> box.  And once it's opened, it must be saved to be flagged as a
> Revolution document.
If you are using a recent version of OS X, the contextual menu for a
document file has an "Open with..." menu item that allows you to
specify what to use. Another option is to open Revolution and drop the
document on top of the application icon, either in the Finder or in the
Dock. Then as Rob says, saving again will save that info with the file.
Get Info in OS X also allows you to specify the associated application
and set it for all files of the specified type.

Cheers,
Sarah