What goes around... revolutions in Revolution

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Dec 9 17:59:01 EST 2002

Recently, "Derek Huby"  wrote:

> If anybody's interested, I've been taking some polygons for a spin...
>
> The ability to rotate an image is built in to Rev, of course; but rotating a
> polygon-style graphic seems to offer a lot more flexibility. Imagine - you
> could build an arrow 'pointer' that swings around a scale, rotate a
> 'forearm' around an 'elbow', model the listing of a ship's hull... oh, lots
> of good stuff, really.
>
> So, how to do it? My attempt (script below) rotates a graphic by a given
> angle, using another small graphic to mark the centre of rotation. I'd be
> interested to know whether I'm reinventing the wheel here; however, even if
> I am, I enjoyed doing it!

Not sure if it's the same as what you've created, but here's another option,
called Tangram, originally developed by Carl Manaster for SuperCard (see the
Tangram link at the bottom of the following page):

  http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/

This stack features a group of tangram-style objects that you can drag and
rotate by dragging the corner of each object.  The cool thing Carl did was
to enable the objects to rotate relative to the direction of drag.

A fun little stack to play with...

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director