Enter & Preserve UNIX linefeeds on Mac OSX

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Dec 6 15:58:01 EST 2002

Ha. "binfile:" works

I think I asked this question and had it answered six months ago, but
the answer slipped off the end of a gray whisker. Good case for
documentation:

in the "See also" list for "return" add an item: "binfile" and

then in the write up for "binfile:" add:
======
The "binfile" keyword can also be used to block auto-translation of
return constants to the platform specific return character(s) in a
saved text file.  For example, if you are working on the Mac OS and
want to save your text file so that linefeeds appear in the same places
when viewed on a Unix machine, do this:

  replace numToChar(13) with numToChar(10) in tData
  put tData into URL "binfile:someFile.txt"
=======

Thanks
Sivakatirswami