Foregroundcolor stuck?

Glasgow, David David.Glasgow at cstone-tr.nwest.nhs.uk
Fri Dec 6 10:52:01 EST 2002

I have a field that I want to display in grey and then change word by word to black.

In a preopencard handler I have:

if there is a field itemshow then send greyme to field itemshow

Then in field itemshow I have:

on greyme
  set the foregroundcolor of me to gray
end greyme

on showme
  wait 40 ticks
repeat with j=1 to the number of words of me
  set the foregroundColor of word j of me to black
  wait 30 ticks
end repeat
end showme

The text doesn't go grey.  I don't even seem able to change the text colour via the colour palette or the colour options in the text menu.  It just stays stubbornly black.  If I 'put' the foregroundcolor it returns a grey (232,232,232).

I would shrug my shoulders and make a new field, but it appears on many cards with different text on each, and I don't want to type it all in again.  I have duplicated the field, and the duplicate stays stuck.  I have made a new field with a bit of text, and I can change text colour no problem.

Is there some weird property I have set by mistake?

(incidentally, full version, 1.1.1 on Win 2000)

Best wishes,

David Glasgow

Courses HTTP://www.i-Psych.co.uk