Function Newbie question...

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Dec 6 10:29:01 EST 2002

Actually, Malte, a repeat structure is exactly what you want, IMHO. You just
need to pass the references into your mouseUp handler. For example, suppose
you had 5 objects, and they were called "kreis1" through "kreis5". You could
do this in your mouseUp handler (I'm assuming a field to hold the results
called "resultfld":

on mouseUp
    repeat with x = 1 to 5
        put item 1 of the loc of graphic ("kreis" & x) into x1
        put item 2 of the loc of graphic ("kreis" & x) into y1
        repeat with y = 1 to 5
            -- Don't need to compare to itself, so skip when x=y
            if x=y then next repeat
            put item 1 of the loc of graphic ("kreis" & y) into x2
            put item 2 of the loc of graphic ("kreis" & y) into y2
            put getDistance(x1,y1,x2,y2) into tDist
            put cr & "Distance from 'kreis" & x & "' to 'kreis" & \
              y & "' = " & tDist after fld "resultfld"
        end repeat
    end repeat
end mouseUp

This is off the top of my head, but it should work...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/