Forced Quit in Windows

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Dec 5 14:42:00 EST 2002

Folks

Pardon my ignorance of Windows (any version), but is there an
equivalent of the Apple Event which informs an application that it
has been ordered to quit? On the Mac, such things arise primarily
from the OS shutting down, and if you process the 'quit' event you
can make your app - really in the Revo case, the apps' date files,
since the program itself is write-protected - shut down in good
order. Of course this doesn't remove the obligation to initialise
properly when your app is launched, since it (or the machine) may
have crashed last time out - nevertheless it's a useful facility.
Anyway, if such a mechanism exists, how would I set about using it
inside a Revolution standalone?

While asking, does anyone know if Windows has the equivalent to the
'print from the Finder' event on the Mac, where the OS invokes your
app just to print one of its documents - and of course the app has to
be set up to do just this. Again, if so, what is the mechanism for
detecting and processing this command correctly in Revo?

TIA