Arrays vs Lists

Mike McManus mcmanusm at kramergraphics.com
Thu Dec 5 09:51:00 EST 2002

Thanks to both Dar and David for your inputs. Gives me something to
think about in deciding to use the one or the other. Has allowed me to
get a better handle on it. I was starting to understand and use arrays
a lot more when I was doing more perl. But it is so easy to through a
list together in Rev., that sometime I wonder if it's worth the effort
to create an array, especially since I seem to have a lot of trouble
creating and using them in Rev(Custom Properties to be specific!). But
apparently I should give it some thought under the right conditions

As for Dar's question about a list. IME, a list is an ordered delimited
groups of words or phrases. The delimiter is usually, but not always a
comma. I suspect that is not correct when you consider programming in
general. But having spent a lot of time in Hypercard. That is what I
consider one.  You can delimit with anything, just be sure it doesn't
pop up in you list items.