revPrintField suggestion

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Dec 4 10:54:20 EST 2002

>I have noticed that folks use parentheses after commands.  It
>seems that these can be used after almost any command. I know that
>parentheses are used after functions and can be used with properties.  In
>What other circumstabses can they be used?

Hi Steve,

I use parentheses around command arguments when I want to make sure
the interpreter understands the argument is the value of the
expression:

eg:  fileSDBRecord sbdBuffer
      checkSDBResult (the result)

vs:  fieldSDBRecord sdbBuffer
      checkSDBResult the result

Essentially, I presume parens could be used with any command argument
that is being passed by value.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company