RunRev on Xserve?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 4 01:35:01 EST 2002

--- kee nethery <kee at kagi.com> wrote:
> Just curious, has anyone built a Revolution
> Standalone that runs on the
> Mac OS X Xserve rack mount server? My understanding
> is that apps for
> Xserve cannot have an interface, not that you cannot
> see it but that it
> cannot have an interface.
>
> Kee Nethery

Hi Kee,

Of course applications running on XServe can have an
interface. Granted, it's one of those areas where
you're likely to find a faceless program -- but you
need a way to change settings when you hook up a
screen, don't you?
They even made the XServe so that you don't _have_ to
usea monitor to install it, and you can plug one in at
any time and unplug it afterwards, because it uses a
virtual buffer when no monitor is hooked up.
Hope this helped,

Jan.

=====