the message box

erik hansen erikhans08 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 3 19:47:01 EST 2002

thanks, Rob. the Dictionary says,
"The <message box> keyword indicates the message
box...
"The two-word synonyms message box, message
window, msg box, and msg window can be used only
to show and hide the message box. To put a value
into the message box or read the value in the
message box, use the one-word forms message and
msg."

in MC i got good results using the name of the
msg stack and the msg text fld.

in RR, openstacks() includes "Message Box".
i would like to put the full name of the msg
field into a function theMsg() that would be tidy
in a script.

best to wait for 2.0, then see what works,
maybe create a field "myMsg" and use that.

=====
erik at erikhansen.org    http://www.erikhansen.org