functions in other stacks: how to call?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sun Dec 1 19:16:00 EST 2002

On Sunday, December 1, 2002, at 04:23 PM, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:

>> Is there a way to pass general parameters?
>
> You just have to do a bit of fancy footwork with quotes and &:
>
>   put value("myFunction(" & alpha & ")",stack "My Stack") into myValue

Yes.  I have done this with simple values.  Arrays, tiny numbers and
strings with interesting characters take more work, especially when I
don't know what I'm dealing with.  I'm not sure how to do it in general.

My current pondering involves a helper handler that takes a function
name and any number of additional parameters.

Dar Scott