post to authorization form

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Sat Aug 31 03:56:01 EDT 2002

At 11:15 am +0300 31/8/02, sims wrote:
>I am trying to send a username & password to an  authorization
>form on a web page. It works fine when I use my browser (IE).
>
>I use the following to 'Post' to that same url but have no success, can
>anyone advise where I am screwing up?
>  [I post to the location listed in the form]

Is it really expecting POST , or is it just a standard http
authorization? You might try putting the name and password in the url
and see what happens. Use this style:

http://username:password@www.whatever.com/whatever.html

If it is using POST, then you will probably have to examine the html
form from your browser to see what data has to be posted.

Cheers
Dave