progress bar stalls

Brad Allen BradAllen at mac.com
Fri Aug 30 15:28:01 EDT 2002

I'm using a progressbar to provide the user a sense the the script is
progressing, but it's not as smooth as I would like, due to a lack of
multithreading in the script. In fact, script execution (and
therefore the progressbar) completely stops moving while waiting for
certain commands to execute, such as DOS shell commands or do
Applescript commands.

I tried using the "send" command to trigger delayed messages to my
updateProgressMessage handler, but these delayed send messages were
for some reason held up while the shell command was executing.

   --  send "updateProgressMessage " & quote & "Please wait.
Generating report......" & quote & ",55" to this stack in 60 seconds

Any ideas on this? Thanks...