platform() = MacOS (9 with ascii(13) or X with ascii(10))?

Kee Nethery kee at kagi.com
Fri Aug 30 11:46:01 EDT 2002

Regardless whether CR is platform specific, I know that Mac OS 9 uses
a ascii(13) to delimit lines and I assume revolution honors that on
Mac OS 9. It appears that revolution in Mac OS X uses ascii(10) to
delimit lines.

Since platform() is supposed to return "MacOS" for both versions of
the MacOS and because the two platforms appear to use different line
endings in Revolution ... how do I tell whether I need to convert
line endings from ascii(13) to ascii(10) or leave them as ascii(13)?

How do I know which MacOS I am on given that Revolution appears to
treat them differently?

Kee Nethery