VS: Time from the text field?

Esa Kivelä Esa.Kivela at ncrc.fi
Fri Aug 30 09:03:01 EDT 2002

*bows deeply to the Guru* ;-)

> Try this (will work ;-)
>
> on mouseup ## or whatever
>    if offset(the system date, fld "viestit") is 0 then put empty into
> fld "viestit"
> end mouseup

Global backround: that etxt field is quick message field in our intranet. So there is mesagse format is this day, time, message. here's an example fron text field "viestit":

30.8.2002 16:49: Naah nobody comes to my party damit!!
30.8.2002 16:49: Hi cofee from cellar with a lillte bottle of beer too! EsaK

Just typed those so they have same day and time ;-). So then its transfer all messages to file named "uutinen.htm" wich show then our intranet main page.

Anyway, I tried that it take orginal sytemDate to the variable named "aika"
then it gonna chek what is that date or time in that text filed and put it into variable named "uusiaika" and if aika < uusiaka then put empty into field -> so every morning when peoples start FIRST time in the morning that stack its send empty to field and clear then that uutinen.htm (because its send empty into that file too) file. Meanwhile along the working day that text field may stay filled. That's why I assume that the day function is better than the time.

But how it can get that ie date from those