Dist Builder Busted

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sat Aug 24 11:08:01 EDT 2002

On Saturday, August 24, 2002, at 11:29  AM, Rob Cozens wrote:

> I have had occasions where I would build a standalone, test it, revise
> the source stack, and build it again.  I have witnessed behavior
> similar to what you describe when I do a second or subsequent build
> without updating the build info, even if it doesn't change.  In
> particular, I remove the stack name from the build list and reselect it.
>
> I am guessing that the Distribution builder expects to find the stack
> in RAM, and when one quits Rev, starts it again, and does a build
> without selecting the stack(s), it chokes.

Hmm. On OSX at least, I regularly open rev, and do a build from a saved
build file, without ever opening the stack or modifying the build saved
values. We frequently update the stack to be built over the network, and
then just run the same builder config, without modification. Mark is
using the same OS as me. What are you using Rob?

--
Troy
RPSystems, LTD