Dist Builder Busted

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Aug 24 10:33:01 EDT 2002

>On my G4 tower (OS 10.1.5) I have lost the ability to build a
>distribution.  Distribution builder says "copying files......" but
>thats where it stops.  After that, nothing.  It creates the
>distribution folder but nothing is inside.  Anyone else seen this
>problem?

Hi Mark,

Do you update the distribution build info with each build?

I have had occasions where I would build a standalone, test it,
revise the source stack, and build it again.  I have witnessed
behavior similar to what you describe when I do a second or
subsequent build without updating the build info, even if it doesn't
change.  In particular, I remove the stack name from the build list
and reselect it.

I am guessing that the Distribution builder expects to find the stack
in RAM, and when one quits Rev, starts it again, and does a build
without selecting the stack(s), it chokes.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company