OT: Video -- digital archiving

Ken Lipscomb kenl34 at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 23 06:41:00 EDT 2002

I agree with Troy and Scott.  One of the largest Media companies in the
world, located in Atlanta, has a similar project that is well under way.
All old footage is digitized and stored on HDD and Digital Tape for
remote access from various sources.  From the uncompressed data, they
can transcode into any format that is needed for production or just
simply web viewing.

I hope that this helps.

Cheers,

Ken