If it equals?

Trevor DeVore trevor at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Aug 22 11:20:01 EDT 2002

This is the most efficient way but you could use a repeat loop do go through each line of the file.  Use open file and read from file to get the data into a variable then loop through each line comparing the entered name to the login name.  If you only had one name per line then the loop might look like this:

repeat i = 1 to the number of lines in myFile
  if loginname is equal to line i of myFile then
    -- the login name exists
    -- do stuff here
    exit repeat
  end if