use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #598 - 11 msgs

MFitz53 at cs.com MFitz53 at cs.com
Mon Aug 12 10:06:01 EDT 2002

In a message dated 8/12/02 1:36:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com writes:

> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:26:26 +1000
> Subject: Re: set player filename (was:use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #597 - 7
> msgs)
> From: Sarah <sarahr at genesearch.com.au>
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>
> In case some other script has changed the default folder, or the
> application has been closed & opened, I would store the path to your
> audio files folder in a custom property and not rely on the default
> folder.
>
> To modify Kurt's scripts slightly:
>
> on mouseup
>    answer folder "Please select a folder containing audio clips."
>    set the cAudioFolderPath of this stack to it
>    set the defaultfolder to it
>    put the files into fld "playList"
> end mouseup
>
> on mouseup
>    put the cAudioFolderPath of this stack into folderPath
>    put the selectedText of me into audioToPlay
>    set the currentTime of player "audioPlayer" to 0
>    set the filename of player "audioPlayer" to folderPath & "/" &
> audioToPlay
>    start player "audioPlayer"
> end mouseup
>
> This way you give the complete file path to your player every time,
> regardless of the default folder setting.
>
> Sarah

Many thanks to you and Kurt! My cpu thanks you as well as it has lost 70
headaches in the form of individual players. One could build a sandwich while
waiting for the invisible objects to show up.I was confused as to player
filenames and player names. I had thought them to be one and the same. I'm
sorry to inject beginner questions into this forum but.........such am I.
mike