use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #598 - 11 msgs

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Mon Aug 12 05:10:00 EDT 2002

On Monday, August 12, 2002, at 06:36 AM, use-revolution-
request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> Rev imports HTML, which can contain styles:
>
>   answer file "Select a file to import:"
>   if it is empty then exit to top
>   set the htmlText of fld 1 to url ("file:"&it)

Thanks Richard,
I don´t know what the Profile Manager does with html, I have not
tried it, because importing html would be also a costly
solutions for my problem, because I must export and/or convert
every single topic from an Outlinerprogramm to a html file. So i
have to organise and update separatly to import them. (in small
project will be hundreds of files in bigger maybe thousands! And
what I have seen playing with revs html import has caused me to
forget this way immediately:
I have textfields, with a fixed size. And the text (of the file)
must fit in these field in every OS, - without scrolling. Or
must be readable also for older Users. So it must be possible to
define "crossplatform-savy" exactly the size of the fonts, what
is, as I know, in html only possible with CSS. Refering to a
thread about CSS some time ago, rev´s html is a "kind of non
standard" and far away from Standard CSS.
The problem is that rev lacks not only importing rtf files, also
lacks copy/paste formated text and last but not least still
lacks drag and drop (rev based), what could be the best solution
for the moment, if the text does not loose the style during
dragging or copying.
I m playing now with some Macro programms. Maybe i can find a
solution there with automation or anything else...

Any ideas are wellcome! Thanks in advance.

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©

INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com, wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418, Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539