Newbie question

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Aug 2 19:36:01 EDT 2002

>I don't see anything about Progress Bars on the documentation. Are
>there commands I did not see ?

Hi Fred,

I thought there was an example in one of the Rev stacks...but I can't
find it so here's a sample from one of my handlers.  I've prefixed
each statement pertinent to the progress bar with "}"

   if backingUp then
     put "binfile:"&(the text of button "Destination Title") into backupFileName
     set the label of stack "Backup Progress" to
sdbMessage(sdbBackupInProgressLabel)
     put (field "File Index" of card 2 of stack
sdbStackName)&recordDelimiter into backupData
}    put the number of cards of stack sdbStackName into lastRecord
}    put lastRecord-3 into recordCount
}    set the thumbPosition of scrollBar "Progress Scrollbar" to 0
}    set the endvalue of scrollBar "Progress Scrollbar" to recordCount
}    show scrollBar "Progress Scrollbar"
}    put 0 into recordsProcessed
}    put round(recordCount/(the width of scrollBar "Progress
Scrollbar")) into progressInterval
}    put max(1,progressInterval) into progressInterval
     repeat with x=4 to lastRecord
       set cursor to busy
       put field "Record Type" of card x of stack sdbFileName into theType
       put field "Record Key" of card x of stack sdbFileName into theKey
       put field "Record" of card x of stack sdbFileName into theRecord
       put theType&&theKey&return&theRecord&recordDelimiter after backupData
}      add 1 to recordsProcessed
}      if (recordsProcessed mod progressInterval)=0 then set the
thumbPosition of scrollBar "Progress Scrollbar" to recordsProcessed
     end repeat
}    set the thumbPosition of scrollBar "Progress Scrollbar" to
recordCount -- yes, recordCount
   else

--

Rob Cozens