Setting Document Associations With OS X (was Re: Help with setRegistry?)

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Aug 2 14:23:01 EDT 2002

Troy,

You're right. The problem you're running into is that the latest release
version of Revolution is 1.1.1 which creates Carbon apps, but they are not
Mach-O compatible, so you don't get any Package Contents. I was working with
a prerelease edition of the next version of Revolution which uses the latest
MetaCard 2.4.3 engine which *is* Mach-O compatible, so I used MC 2.4.3 to
build my standalone (which worked following the instructions I provided).

(Sorry about that.)

I'll see if there's something that can be done in the interim...

(BTW: You don't happen to have access to a release copy of MetaCard, do you?
You might be able to build an executable using the MC engine for right now
until the next version of Rev is released...)

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/