Rev as an SMTP Server?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Aug 2 11:26:01 EDT 2002

On Friday, August 2, 2002, at 08:25 AM, Tony Moller wrote:

> Is it possible to use Revolution to build a custom SMTP server so
> that it
> not only sends emails, but can receive them as well?

I hope so.  I'm building libraries to do this right now.

You should decide early on whether you want to support more than
one connection at a time; this can affect your design.

You might want to be informed by Shao Sean's email client stack.
(I keep wanting to look at this, but I get distracted by fires to
put out.  I think I take a different approach that allows other
things to be going on at the same time, but I'm still willing to
give him a credit should I become inspired by what he has done.)

Dar Scott