MIDI & RR

Kurt Kaufman kurtkaufman at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 30 08:57:01 EDT 2002

"...Haven't any MIDI/RR experience, but I'm very interested in your
question.... Find out on the web
what the MIDI format file is comprised of.  See if you can get a
look at the guts of one, decode it a little so you understand it
and then go from there....."

Rick,
Thanks for your post.  That's pretty much what I'm doing.  I'm hoping
eventually to be able to directly access the "built-in" MIDI instruments
(provided by Quicktime on Mac/Mac OS X) through a RR app, and at that
point I will definitely need assistance from others.  (My copy of
Codewarrior is very old, and I never did do much beyond textbook
console-based programming in C.)

-Kurt