MIDI & RR

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Mon Apr 29 23:54:01 EDT 2002

on 4/26/2002 12:59 PM, Kurt Kaufman at kurtkaufman at hotmail.com wrote:

> Has anyone had experience using MIDI with RR?  My chief interest would be in
> being able to create files of MIDI data, rather than writing something to
> record "live" MIDI data.
> -Kurt

Kurt,

Haven't any MIDI/RR experience, but I'm very interested in your
question.  Apparently no one else has any experience either or
they would have responded to your question.  Find out on the web
what the MIDI format file is comprised of.  See if you can get a
look at the guts of one, decode it a little so you understand it
and then go from there.  From that point on it shouldn't be too bad.

Good luck and I'm sure we'd all like to know of your progress and results.

Rick Harrison