Another new kid on the block

Bernie bernie at thehairshow.co.uk
Mon Apr 29 05:27:01 EDT 2002

Hi List

I got the Starter Kit about 4 days ago and have been through the tuts and
playing with it quite a bit since then. I'm impressed, frustrated, excited
and confused!

I come from a very strong Visual Basic background which I've been using as
my main language for about 4 years.

I'm impressed about the ease of developing cross platform apps in Rev.

I'm frustrated because it is tough to come from one tool where I can do most
of what I want with my eyes shut to now having to look up things like how to
declare a variable!

I'm excited because I got through the tutorials in a few hours and have
progressed into an app that I was building with VB and have found that it
may be possible to do it all in Rev which would expand the reach of my
application.

I'm confused by the plain English of Transcript! I'm used to writing    x =
blah     rather than   put blah into x

I want to know if there are any other Rev users who come from a VB
background and, if so, how can we work together to write some tutorials or
whatever slanted to VB developers. It would sure help me right now to see a
comparison chart of how things are done in VB and their Rev equivalents.

Regards,
Bernie
"Users don't care if I write in VB, C++ or Revolution. Its all Geek to them"