setting htmltext makes field appear disabled

Marco Sch=?ISO-8859-1?B?9g==?=nenberger moeb at swissonline.ch
Mon Apr 29 03:04:01 EDT 2002

>I just set the htmltext of a standard scrolling field for the first time
>since I upgraded to the latest v111. When I do so the field takes the
>appearance of a disabled field. The backcolor becomes light grey and black
>text becomes a dark grey.
>As soon as I click in the field to edit, and give it focus, the field
>resumes the normal appearance of an editable field, ie the backcolor turns
>white and the black text becomes black again.
>I'm using release 1.1.1 on macOS

I've already reported this off-list together with another htmltext-bug. I
think the problem was introduced with 1.1.1b2 and happens on my Mac with OS
9.2.2 as well as on Windows NT.

My work-around:
After setting the htmltext I add the following lines:
put return after fld x
delete last char of fld x

Marco