Open driver?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Apr 29 01:44:01 EDT 2002

On Sunday, April 28, 2002, at 11:46 PM, Michael J. Lew wrote:

> Actually, I would like to use the iMic as a analog to digital
> converter. I need to read the data values rather than record the
> audio.

You could try writing out the file with the record command and then
reading in the file.  Don't use any compression.  This will require
reading up on QuickTime, I think.  (Or maybe you can figure out the
format just by looking.)

Audio input normally does not have any 0 Hz (DC) response.  This is
fine if you are looking at Morse code tones or maybe engine noise,
but crumby if you are looking at power supply voltages or strain
gauge amplifiers from scales.  In other words, normally audio only
measures AC.  However, I don't know the particulars of iMic.

Dar Scott