RevDB performance, can I do this better?

diskot123 at juno.com diskot123 at juno.com
Thu Apr 25 13:28:01 EDT 2002

>My code is something like this
put URL theFile into theData # theFile is the location of the data file
which is being worked on
put 1 into theCount
put the number of lines of theData into totalRecords
repeat foreach line theLine in theData
    put count+1 into theCount
    revDB_execute(gConnectionID,theLine);
    put theCount into field currentRecords
end repeat

>I am very unfamiliar with both Revolution and Valentina so I don't know
>if this is a problem in what I've done in Revolution, a problem with
>Valentina, or a problem with with the revDB....
Bindings would make it easier to script. But it should not be going this
slow..I recall inserting over 1000 records in little over a second. If
this were a remote database (mysql, oracle) I would assume a slow
connection, but since it's Valentina and local it should be extremely
fast.

If possible send me a sample stack, and sample database offlist.

Tuviah Snyder ~tuviah at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Rutime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!