locking stacks

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Wed Apr 24 06:09:01 EDT 2002

On 23/4/02 2:25 pm, Steve Messimer <steve at messimercomputing.com> wrote:

> This one is directed to the run rev folks.  I have noticed that when I try
> to get into any of the components of RR to look at the code I am un able to
> do so.  I have heard on the list that this is possible.  If so could someone
> tell me how to do it.

It depends what scripts you want to edit - you can turn on the option to
show Rev frontScripts and backScripts in the Message Box which give you
access to some of the main "libraries".  You can turn on the "Show Rev UI
Stacks in Lists" option in the view menu, and also the option to allow
editing of scripts and the display of contextual menus on Rev stacks in the
Preferences.  At this point you have access to everything - Command Shift
right click a Rev stack to get a context menu, for example.  Be very careful
editing or viewing these scripts: if you break something we don't provide
support.

> If this isn't allowed I understand.
>
> If they are locked could someone tell me the specific method used to
> accomplish this. I have a plug-in about ready for testing an I want to be
> able to lock it up tight before I distribute it.

To lock stacks for use as a Plug-in, use the "Build Files" option in
Distribution Builder and set a password.  Don't copy any development
resources.

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.