send ___ to me in ___ sec

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Apr 23 23:58:01 EDT 2002

"Ivers, Doug E" <Doug_Ivers at lord.com> wrote:

 > Isn't there a way to "send ___ to me when all currently running
 > scripts are done"?  Or, "send ___ to me on first idle message"?

I don't think so. As far as I can tell, the way you are doing it is a
workable solution.

> For example, I need to do some clean up after a card is deleted.  The
> deletedCard message is sent before the delete, so I'm using this:
>
>  on deleteCard=20
>     send updateList to field "myList" in 0.1 sec=20
> end deleteCard=20
>
> This works on my machine, but may not work on all machines in all
> situations.  Is there a more elegant way?  How can I put the send
> command at the end of the currently running scripts?

I think if possible I'd just make sure that the "delete card" command is
the last thing you do. It won't matter how long the "send..in" command
waits, because it will always occur after the delete -- so it should
work on any system.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com