CGI, MacOS-X, etc..

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 22 06:31:01 EDT 2002

--- Greg Saylor <gsaylor at net-virtual.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>
> I downloaded the darwin engine (this is a Mac OS-X
> system) and it does
> indeed work....   However, I can't seem to get it to
> work with the
> "valentina" xcmd... Is there a way to do this?... I
> tried adding that
> little resource fork or whatever they talk about to
> the script, but that
> didn't do it...
>
> Is this possible?..

Hi Greg,

Resource-forks in files are a MacOS-only technology,
and even though Darwin is the core of MacOS X, it
doesn't have such features as the resource manager in
its APIs.

I'm not sure if all connections to databases via the
Database library are done through XCMDs -- but I'm
sure the RunRev people can answer that one.

If not, then don't use the Valentina XCMDs directly,
but work through the Database library, as I'd expect
that to be availabke on any platform, right?

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish
at the same time."  (De Rochefoucald)