OS X Sheets

Dreamscape Software webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Fri Apr 19 16:19:00 EDT 2002

> How can I go about implementing something like the slide out sheets that
> OS X apps have?

It's actually pretty easy.  I did it in my (soon to be released) program
WebCam LIVE.  What you do is this.  Make a field with the standard
"scanlines" background that all the Aqua windows use.  Then set the
transparency on the field so that some of the card shows through.  Setup
your "sheet" objects as you would like them to appear.  When you've got
everything situated how you want it, make all of the objects, including the
field, into a group called "sheet" or something.

Then what you need to do is make a script that does 1 thing.  It moves it
from offscreen above and down to where it's visible.  YOu can use the move
command to simulate the Aqua version...

    move group "sheet" from oldLocation to newLocation

You might also want to set the move speed to something that seems like the
norm.  Then in your sheet, make an OK button that performs the changes and
moves the group back out of view.

If you have any trouble getting yours to work then e-mail me and I'll send
you a copy of the stack with the sheet I made.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software, Inc.
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/